Port Bug Report: postmaster consumes all the memory available on the system

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: postmaster consumes all the memory available on the system
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Roland Dirlewanger
Your email address      : rd@dr15.cnrs.fr

Category                : runtime: back-end
Severity                : critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Linux 2.2.10, redHat 2.2.10

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : gcc version 2.7.2.3

Hardware:
---------
Pentium, 128 M RAM

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
make

Problem Description:
--------------------
Since yesterday, I notice that every one or two hours,
the system begins to slow down. A "top" shows that the
Postgres postmaster consumes all the memory available
on the system an crashes. Upgrading the Linux kernel from
2.2.1 to 2.2.10 didn't help. Adding 130 MB of swap didn't
help.

Test Case:
I couldn't find which request, if any, caused the problem

Solution:
---------