Problem with initialization

От Mehul_Bhatt
Тема Problem with initialization
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello everybody,

We are using postgres at Fermi lab since long. But we have not been able to successfully install it on one of our red
hatmachine recently after a lots of efforts. The OS is Red Hat linux release 5.2(
Appollo), kernal: 2.0.36 (on i686).   The installation procedure does not complain anything, but the initdb fails with
followingmessage:

initdb output:

initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to create the template database.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create the global classes.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based authentication control file.

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=60).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data

Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base

initdb: creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
        syntax error 2305 : parse error
Creating global classes in /base
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1

Adding template1 database to pg_database...
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1 < /tmp/create.4317

ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
initdb: could not log template database
initdb: cleaning up.

****

The postgres version is 6.4.2; we are using the same version on a different machine which has Red Hat-5.0(Hurricane)
withkernal 2.0.35 on i586; and it functions smoothly.

Is there any problem with OS? (we have checked almost everything upto IPC, shared memory settings). Please reply us
asapas we are on tight schedule.

Thanks a lot,

Mehul Bhatt