Re: [GENERAL] rules failed

От Mike Engelhart
Тема Re: [GENERAL] rules failed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Just to make sure - when you installed R5, did you make sure you are not
> installing the Postgres RPMs that came with it? (Assuming you installed
> from the same R5 cd as I did) They were 6.5 beta, I don't know which beta.
> If you used the X-based installer, these RPMs install themselves as part of
> the servers set of packages.

No, I did a very basic install using the RedHat installer and did NOT
install the 6.5 beta (specifically because it was a beta version).   I'm
using the 6.5 version that I installed (even though the "rules failed" error
came up) for some simple things but as I am pretty much of a database
neophyte, I can't seem to figure out where "rules" come into play in a RDBMS
like PostgreSQL and whether or not I need to worry about this or more
specifically in what situation would I need to worry about this.
Thanks,

Mike