Re: [PORTS] Problems with postgresql and Win NT

От Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA
Тема Re: [PORTS] Problems with postgresql and Win NT
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
In message <199907092106.RAA27253@hub.org>you write:

>--Message-Boundary-14676
>
>Hello!
>
>I've compiled the current version postgresql 6.5 under Win NT 4.0
>after having read a document - which described how to compile it
>under Win NT and which I found here - carefully. In my opinion
>everything went all right - there were only some minor warnings
>such as warnings about redifinitions and so on. And finally I was
>told, that postgresql had been compiled successfully. Then I started
>initdb as a normal user, this was all right, too. After starting ipc-
>deamon and the postmaster I tried to run the tests. But there were
>only errors - on after the other. So I treid to connect to the database
>typing psql template1. And this is what I got as error message:
>
>Connection to database 'template1' failed.
>connectDB() -- socket() faild: errno=106
>Adresses in the specified family cannot be used with this socket
>
>Might anybody help me with this problem? I guess it's a problem
>concering port numbers and similar things. I would be very grateful
>for every hint.
>
>Sincerly
>
>Ruediger A. Martin
>
>P.S.: I attached the output of the configure-script - maybe this might
>show one of you what is missing on my system.

I think that by default the access libraries try to contact the postmaster
via Unix sockets, which are not supported under Cygnus.

What I have found is that you need to make sure to run the postmaster with
the -i flag, and then set the PGHOST environment variable to "localhost".
(I think the default pg_hba.conf allows localhost to connect).  This will
make the clients use a TCP socket rather than a Unix socket to connect
to the backend.

When using the DB on NT, I always get messages spit from the postmaster about
semaphore != 0 -- as far as I can tell, this isn't hurting things,
but if anyone knows otherwise -- speak up!

As I recall, the regression test for NT had a lot of problems with date
information.  I'm mainly ignoring that.

I know there's nobody who wants to do it (certainly I haven't the time
right now), but the NT port practically screams for a binary dist and a
more detailed compile/install doc.

                Ted

Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] Problems with postgresql and Win NT
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] Problems with postgresql and Win NT