Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>If we get wide tuples, we could just throw all large objects into one
>table, and have an on it.  We can then vacuum it to compact space, etc.

I thought about that too. But if a table contains lots of LOs,
scanning of it will take for a long time. On the otherhand, if LOs are
stored outside the table, scanning time will be shorter as long as we
don't need to read the content of each LO type field.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size