LinuxPPC

От Mike Engelhart
Тема LinuxPPC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all -

I scoured the archives and found information regarding changing the template
settings for linux_ppc when configuring postgresql 6.5 for LinuxPPC R5.
This is my situation

1)  Installed R5 and downloaded postgresql 6.5.   Configured, compiled and
installed postgresql.  created a db, did the select date command, then got
the errors when trying to do a "destroydb".
2)  Deleted the pgsql directory and the source directory and tried again.
This time, I untarred postgresql and tried again but now when I configured
and ran make and installed, the <install dir>/data directory was not created
at all.
3) Scoured the archives and found out about changing the template to turn
off egcs optimization and did that.  Again, I removed the installation and
source directories and tried again.   This I tried over and over 3 times and
each time the <install dir>/data directory was not created.

I've installed 6.4.2 several times and I've been following the INSTALL
document very carefully using only the defaults (except for the template
issues).

Any ideas??  Also does turning off the optimization have much of an effect
on performance on PowerPC machines?  I'd like to use my PowerPC as it has an
UltraSCSI PCI card installed so I was hoping that would be a better
performing machine then an IDE PC machine.

Thanks for any help.

Mike