Port Bug Report: select doesn't find entry

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: select doesn't find entry
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Rob Helling
Your email address      : helling@x4u2.desy.de

Category                : runtime: back-end
Severity                : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Linux SuSE 6.1 Kernel 2.2.5

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : SuSE distributed binary

Hardware:
---------
Pentium 2, 128M RAMLinux M 2.2.5 #7 SMP Fri Jun 18 09:07:17 MEST 1999 i686 unknown

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
Some entries disappeared in the following way:  We have a table 'people'
is a colum 'person_key' [varchar]. In one row person_key='kristjansen' (the row exists
and can be selected using other colums) but
select * from people where person_key = 'kristjansen';
produces a null result. So does
select * from people where person_key like 'kristjansen';
But
select * from people where person_key like 'kr%istjansen';
works. The % has to be in that specific place.
The problem is there in psql and Perl (DBD interface). It is
even there if I write a perl script that selects this row using
another column extractin person_key and then asking for this
person_key:

#!/uer/local/bin/perl

require 'database.pl';

$SQL{'all_people'}   = "select * from people;";
$SQL{'still_there?'} = " select * from people where person_key='\$person_key'";

&init();

&connect_database('all_people',\@all);

foreach $guy(@all){
    $person_key = @$guy[0];
    @doll = ();
    &connect_database('still_there?',\@doll);
    print "$person_key disappeared!\n" unless @doll;
}

This happend to 4 of a few hundred rows in an unreprodicible
way.

The problem goes away when I use pgaccess to change kristjansen
manually to 'foo' and back. Could there be an invisible
character between the 'r' and the 'i'?

Test Case:
Sorry, not known.

Solution: