Re: [HACKERS] pygres/python installation

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pygres/python installation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote: >I'm trying to do some Linux rpms for the v6.5 release, and want to >include more interfaces
thanRH has done in the past. The pygres >installation instructions make no sense to me. There is a mention of a >"make
redhat",but no Makefile, and a mention of "building python", >which is already on my system. Can anyone lead me through
what>*really* needs to be done? I'm guessing that README.linux is out of >date, but don't know enough to be sure...

I believe it is.

Here are the instructions I use for building Pygresql for the Debian
distribution, which I put together after asking for help on Debian lists:

build-python:  cd src/interfaces/python && \     cp /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in `pwd`  cd
src/interfaces/python&& \     echo *shared* > Setup  cd src/interfaces/python && \     echo _pg pgmodule.c
-I../../include-I../libpq \        -L../libpq -lpq -lcrypt \        >> Setup  cd src/interfaces/python && \     $(MAKE)
-fMakefile.pre.in boot  cd src/interfaces/python && \     $(MAKE)  touch build-python

--      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/                ========================================
Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them
which     are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but     after the Spirit."              Romans 8:1