Port Bug Report:

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report:
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Bengt Ostlund
Your email address      : bengt.ostlund@saab.se

Category                : unknown
Severity                : non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : IRIX 6.3

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      :

Hardware:
---------

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
Can you help me
---------------
I have tried to install PostgreSQL (postgresql-6.4.2) on IRIX 6.3.

After some small problems I have installed a version for -n32.

 1. When I tried to start initdb, It did not accept the $USER.
    I use postgres as $USER.
    I looked at initdb, found that it use pg_id to get allowed username.
    pg_id compiled during install procedure did not work, and it has
    another size than if I compile it without any library.
    I compiled it separatly without any library, and now it works.

 2. I start postmaster and it works, but when I tried to start psql
    I got an error.

    FATAL: PQsetdbLogin(): Unable to determine a Postgres username!

    Could It be the same problem ?

Can you help me ?
I have not used PostgreSQL before.
I just want to test it, if it can be used.
I have heard of It, and I want to se if it can be an alternative to
ORACLE usage.

I am a System Administrator and Program Developer in SGI-environment.
We are running Irix 6.3 and 6.4.

  Regards Bengt

Test Case:

Solution: