transaction rollbacks on error

От Peter Garner
Тема transaction rollbacks on error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all

I hope no one finds this the wrong Mailing List, but I would like to
request/propose a change in PostGres.  (I may even hack this one in
myself if no one objects.)

It seems that ANY error in postgres voids the entire transaction.  I.e.
if an error occurs, one must immediately commit decide to commit or
rollback the current transaction.  No further updates will be accepted
until this is done.  I am almost postive that most commercial databases
do not behave this way.  (I do not think that DB2 does, but I have had
very little to do with other databases since discovering Postgresql! ;-)
At the VERY least it would be nice to have a user option whereby errors
would not affect the current transaction state.

--
===
Peace,

We are Microsoft of Borg, you will be assimilated!!!
Resistance is fut...  ***BZZZRT***  THUD!!!
[General Protection Fault in MSBorg32.DLL]
Please contact the Vendor of this Borg for more Information