Port Bug Report: SELECT with like on indexed column say it uses Index scan but didn't do it

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: SELECT with like on indexed column say it uses Index scan but didn't do it
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Alexander N Shulyak
Your email address      : alec@nikts.nk.ukrtel.net

Category                :
Severity                :

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : FreeBSD-3.1 Linux redhat-6.0

  PostgreSQL version : 6.5-Beta3

  Compiler used      : egcs-1.1.2 release

Hardware:
---------
P II  Celeron,64M RAM,HDD 4.3M
6X86, 32M RAM, HDD 2.1M

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
flex-2.5.4

Problem Description:
--------------------
When I do  query  select * from spr where phone like '3554__';
time of execution is jast like the dolumn is not indexed.
\d spr returns:
Table    = spr
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| name                             | varchar()                        |     0 |
| strhousnum                       | int4                             |     4 |
| housind                          | char()                           |     1 |
| korpus                           | varchar()                        |     0 |
| flat                             | varchar()                        |     0 |
| phone                            | varchar()                        |     0 |
| id                               | int4                             |     4 |
| flag                             | varchar()                        |     0 |
| subname                          | varchar()                        |     0 |
| sstrhousnum                      | int4                             |     4 |
| shousind                         | char()                           |     1 |
| skorpus                          | varchar()                        |     0 |
| sflat                            | varchar()                        |     0 |
| subnote                          | varchar()                        |     0 |
| mod                              | int2                             |     2 |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
Index:    spr_phone

Query  explain select * from spr where phone like '3554__';
returns:
NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:

Index Scan using spr_phone on spr  (cost=3785.45 rows=1 width=146)

EXPLAIN

Test Case:
Quest SELECT with LIKE on big enoughe table and wait for result

Solution:
---------