Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes,
>
> I do build with --enable-locale, but I do not build with --enable-mb and do
> not use client_encoding or server_encoding.
>
> The content of the keys is in cyrillic. I have LC_CTYPE=CP1251 in the
> environment in both server and client, and this has worked for me in 6.4.2.

This certainly explains it.  With locale enabled, LIKE does not use
indexes because we can't figure out how to do the indexing trick with
non-ASCII character sets because we can't figure out the maximum
character value for a particular encoding.

We didn't do the check in 6.4.*, and LIKE was not returning the proper
results for queries at those sites that used locale.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Release date
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Release date