Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: Would not build with -O2 flags set

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: Would not build with -O2 flags set
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
This is not a suprise, and something we have been looking at in 6.5beta.
egcs does some optimization of function calls with short int parameters,
and calling the adt functions through function pointers triggers a
problem.

Only certain platforms do this optimization.  I don't think we can fix
it for 6.5, but it is good to know.

>                         POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE
>

> Your name               : Ritch Azocar
> Your email address      : admin@dqu.cc.ca.us
>
> Category                : install: compile
> Severity                : serious

> System Configuration
> --------------------
>   Operating System   : Linux 2.2.3 ELF RedHat 5.1
>
>   PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2
>
>   Compiler used      : gcc 2.7.3
>
> Hardware:
> ---------
> DEC Multia 21066A, 64M RAM
>
> Versions of other tools:
> ------------------------
> egcs 1.0.3
> make 3.7.6

> Problem Description:
> Several targets in the backend/utils/adt directory could not be built with the optimize more (-O2) flags set.
datetime.cand dt.c I'm sure about, I don't know about any others because I removed -O2 from CFLAGS in Makefile.global
andwas able to build.  I don't relly care about optimum performance (I'm running on a 166MHz Alpha 21066A) so I didin't
spendthe time to compile individual targets with and without optimization.  I couldn't build the ODBC interface (-O2
flagnot set) at all.  I haven't tried to build it independently of the postgresql build yet.  TCL & Perl worked fine.

От: Unprivileged user
Сообщение: Port Bug Report: Would not build with -O2 flags set
От: Mark Dalphin
Сообщение: IRIX 6.5 meets Postgresql 6.5 (June 4 Snapshot)