Re: [HACKERS] nonblocking lock?

От Massimo Dal Zotto
Тема Re: [HACKERS] nonblocking lock?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is it possible to do a nonblocking lock? That is,
> I want several clients to execute,
>
>     begin
>     if table A is locked
>     then
>         go around doing stuff on other tables
>     else
>         lock A and do stuff on A
>     endif
>
> the problem is, if I use normal lock, then
> after one client has locked and is doing stuff on A
> the other one will block and thus it won't be able
> to go around doing stuff on other tables. Is it
> possible to do a nonblocking lock that will just
> fail if the table is locked already?

Try with user locks. You can find the code in contrib/userlocks.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Column name's length
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Column name's length