Port Bug Report: executing a CREATE TABLE statement from a PL/pgSQL script crashes the backend

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: executing a CREATE TABLE statement from a PL/pgSQL script crashes the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Maarten Hazewinkel
Your email address      : hazewinkel@bortiboll.com

Category                : runtime: back-end
Severity                : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : RedHat Linux 5.2

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : gcc 2.7.2.3

Hardware:
---------
Pentium 166, 32 MB, 1G harddisk

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake 3.76.1
flex 2.5.4

Problem Description:
--------------------
I am trying to write a PL/pgSQL function to do a lot of processing on my database. To store intermediate results, I
wantto create a temporary table within the function, and dispose of it at the end. Unfortunately, whatever I try, it
crashesthe backend. The system messages log has this to say about it:

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
^IThe Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
^II have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
^IPlease reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

Test Case:
CREATE FUNCTION table_text () RETURNS text as '
BEGIN
    CREATE TABLE "temp2" ("tempid" int4);
    RETURN ''finished'';
END;