Port Bug Report: Wrong matching with LC_COLLATE=cs_CZ

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: Wrong matching with LC_COLLATE=cs_CZ
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Milan Zamazal
Your email address      : mz@pdm.pvt.net

Category                : runtime: back-end
Severity                : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Debian GNU/Linux 2.1

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      :

Hardware:
---------
Linux pdm 2.2.9 #1 Thu May 27 13:53:43 CEST 1999 i586 unknown

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
When I start postmaster with the environment variable
LC_COLLATE set to `cs_CZ' the operator LIKE gives wrong
results.  With LC_COLLATE set to `C', there is no such
problem.  See example below for more details.

Test Case:
----------
1. Start postmaster with environment variables LC_COLLATE
   and LC_ALL (to be sure) set to `cs_CZ' and exported.
2. Connect to this postmaster instance through psql and on
   the psql prompt type:
   select 'pdm'::char like 'p%'::char;
3. You should receive the following answer:
  ?column?
  --------
  (1 row)
I think the answer should be `t' (as it is with LC_COLLATE=C).

Solution:
---------