Questions about INSERT INTO!

От Anna Langer
Тема Questions about INSERT INTO!
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi!

Thanks for all help. It worked very well.

We still have some problems with inserting a datetime into the database.

If we write like this the database accept it:

PQexec(conn, "INSERT INTO test VALUES('23/01/1999 12:03:30');

When we are inserting other values in the database we write like this:

sprintf(command, "INSERT INTO octets VALUES(%d, %d)", a, b);

Now we wonder if we can put the date in to the database in the same way that
we did with the integers? We have tried to make the date to a string, but it
doesn't take it. The errormessage say that the database is of type datetime
and the string is of type int4.

Is there anyone who can help us with this?

Thanks!

Anna and Maria