Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At 12:08 AM 5/21/99 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >But if we rip it out, people will complain we are not using the index
> >for regex and LIKE.  That is a pretty serious complaint.
>
> For this release, given that it's coming fairly soon (11 days???)
> you might consider documenting the shortcomings, rather than
> ripping it out.  Indexing is important, serious users will expect
> it, at least for LIKE (they might not know about regex if they're
> just SQL grunts).

I didn't even know our ~ operator supported '|'!  Now I am told it know
about '{' too.  I am checking on that one.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!!
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!!