Re: [INTERFACES] Problems with money fields.

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Problems with money fields.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Apparently a NULL money value is not equal to zero.  That is probably
a good thing.

The select you want for selecting all of the null values is:

SELECT * FROM test WHERE total IS NULL;

  Hello,
  I was wondering if someone could shed some light on money fileds for me.  I  am having a problem in that a money
fieldplus a null money field equals  null.  Try this:

  create table test(total money);  insert into test values('');  insert into test valuse(NULL);
  select * from test;  total  -----  $0.00
  (2 rows)
  select '1'::money + total from test;  ?column?  --------  $1.00
  (2 rows)
  Why is the second column blank?  This is really throwing my calculations  because there are times when $0.00 is
differentfrom no value at all.  Also, how can I get a query of all rows where the money value is NULL?  This fails:

  select * from test where total = NULL;  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "null"
  and this gives me the rows with $0.00:
  select * from test where total = '';    total  -----  $0.00  (1 row)
  If I can't query for a money field with a NULL value, why can I insert one?
  Thank you,  Matthew Hagerty