Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?

От leif@danmos.dk
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi again,

    Thanks to all of you who responded to this one. It was a great
help. I think I got the picture: don't let the length of <table name>
plus <field name> exceed 26/27 characters for the serial type. I guess
this goes for primary key as well.

Earlier, I wrote:

>  I tried to create the table below using psql, but it bombed out
> with a message about loosing the backend, though the backend was
> still running nicely. It seems to be a problem with the long
> field name of the serial (and primary key) column.

    I am using v6.4.2. I am glad to learn it has been fixed (with
an error message in stead of crashing.)

> create table globalafvigelse
>   (
>     globalafvigelse serial ,