Re: [INTERFACES] Some needed features in postgresql

От Peter Garner
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Some needed features in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
>> But this is exactly what a transaction is supposed
>> to do. You should only make those commands inside
>> one transaction that logically belong to each
>> other

yes, I have, :-)  The problem is certain errors do not
mean the whole action should be aborted or that the
transaction invalidated.  E.g. I believe the Default
config for DB2 is that an error has NO effect on the
transaction state.  It would be nice to have that as
at least an option in Postgres! :-)

> But _nested_ transactions would still be nice .

Yes they would Hannu! :-)

===
Peace,
Peter

We are Microsoft of Borg, you will be assimilated!!!
Resistance is fut...  ***BZZZRT***  THUD!!!
[General Protection Fault in MSBorg32.DLL]
Please contact the vendor of this Borg for more information