Re: [HACKERS] vacuum updated...

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] vacuum updated...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I have some patches contributed by a user corresponding to one of our
>> TODO list:
>>
>> * Add version number in startup banners for psql and postmaster
>>
>> (actually the patches only add banners to psql, not to postmaster)
>>
>> Also these include tiny  fixes to psql. Do I have any chance to apply
>> them for 6.5beta?
>
>How will this affect user scripts that use psql?

Nothing except new option "-E" which shows actual queries issued by
some \ commands (Example session follows). Sorry, I forgot to mention
about it. I believe this will greatly reduce beginners questions: "How
can I list tables in my database?":-)

./psql -E regression Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql
monitor: Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i386-unknown-freebsd2.2.6, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.]
  type \? for help on slash commands  type \q to quit  type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute queryYou are
currentlyconnected to the database: regression

regression=> \d
QUERY: SELECT usename, relname, relkind, relhasrules FROM pg_class, pg_user WHERE ( relkind = 'r' OR relkind = 'i' OR
relkind= 'S')   and relname !~ '^pg_' and usesysid = relowner ORDER BY relname

|a_star                           | table    || t-ishii          | abstime_tbl                      | table    |

[snip]

--
Tatsuo Ishii