Re: [HACKERS] How to destroy your entire Postgres installation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How to destroy your entire Postgres installation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I have modified the destroydb code so it marks all buffers associated
with the database as clean _before_ removing the files.  The old code
marked the buffers as clean after removing the database files.  Any
backend trying to flush dirty buffers for that database after the files
were removed but before the buffers were marked clean would get errors.

This does not fix the problem of someone else having the database open
during the destroy, but should fix the other problem you mentioned.

Pennsylvania19026