Port Bug Report: Semaphores and gcc 2.8.1 on IRIX 6.2 do not work

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: Semaphores and gcc 2.8.1 on IRIX 6.2 do not work
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : Ryan Davis
Your email address    : ryand@zenspider.com

Category        : runtime: back-end
Severity        : critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : IRIX 6.2

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : gcc 2.8.1

Hardware:
---------
Indy Webforce, 96M RAM, plenty 'o disk
IRIX lust 6.2 03131015 IP22

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake, flex

Problem Description:
--------------------
It took me a long time to isolate the real problem, but
you can't use gcc to compile textbook semaphore code on
IRIX. I guess it is a library format mismatch.

Regardless, any calls to semctl result in a BAD ADDRESS error.

Test Case:
----------
Compile w/ gcc. Install
Run postmaster -i
Run psql.
As soon as postmaster tries to grab some semaphores, you get
the error. It is reported by postmaster, and hangs.

Solution:
---------
Compile w/ SGI's cc.
Make sure you start completely clean (remove entire dist),
make clean doesn't seem to hack it. My first cc install cored.
My second build (fresh) was fine.