Re: [GENERAL] Transaction logging

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Transaction logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What would it take to have transaction logging added to Postgres.  I am a
> c/c++ programmer and will consider contributing to the Postgres development
> effort.  I really like everything I see and read about Postgres.  As a
> result, I am strongly considering Postgres as the database engine for my
> Membership database application.  My customer is willing to invest in a
> commercial database, but most of the commercial databases I have briefly
> looked at fall a little short in one way or another.  I have several
> concerns/needs that I am willing to implement and/or support:
>
>     - Outer join support in views

In the works.  Perhaps for 6.5, probably not.

>     - Transaction logging
>
>     - Some form of mirroring, shadowing, or replication
>
>     - The current locking mechanism is of some concern.  I need to make
> sure that one user can read a record and then a second can read and update
> that same record.

MVCC locking in 6.5.  Will do what you need.

>     - If the first user attempts to update that record, what happens?

Hard to explain.  Will wait or update a copy while read's use an older
copy fo the row.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] inet data type regression test fails
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] inet data type regression test fails