Re: [GENERAL] Postgres Future: Postgres on Digital Alpha

От Rodney McDuff
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres Future: Postgres on Digital Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi  Adriaan
    I've recently compiled postgresql 6.4.2 of a dec alpha (running DU4.0D)
I set the follow environment variables
setenv CC cc
setenv CFLAGS "-O4 -std"
setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/usr/local/include"
setenv LDFLAGS "-L/usr/local/lib"
setenv LIBS ""

created a Makefile.custom in the source directory with contents
CUSTOM_COPT= -O4 -std

Add the following to Makefile.shlib (you may hae to change a few things here)
ifeq ($(PORTNAME), alpha)
  install-shlib-dep     := install-shlib
  shlib := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX)
  LDFLAGS_SL := -shared -msym -s  -rpath /usr/local/pgsql/lib -check_registry
/usr/shlib/so_locations -check_registry /usr/local/lib/so_location
-update_registry /usr/local/lib/so_locations
endif

and ran
./configure  --with-template=alpha

If you want the plpgsql stuff then go into src/pl/plpgsql/src and relink
libplpgsql.so without the "-L../../../interfaces/libpq -lpq"

The reression tests in src/test/regress mostly work. Below is a summary of
this with my own annotation as to why some of the failure were ok. (I'll also
attach the regression.diff file if anyone want to know)

boolean ..          ok
char ..          ok
name ..          ok
varchar ..          ok
text ..          ok
strings ..          ok
int2 ..          failed    ok    (diff error message)
int4 ..          failed    ok    (diff error message)
int8 ..          failed     failed    (failed big time:)
oid ..          ok
float4 ..          ok
float8 ..          failed     ok    (diff error message)
numerology ..          ok
point ..          ok
lseg ..          ok
box ..          ok
path ..          ok
polygon ..          ok
circle ..          ok
geometry ..          failed     ok    (precision is last digits in some results)
timespan ..          ok
datetime ..          ok
reltime ..          ok
abstime ..          failed    ok    (diff timezone to expected)
tinterval ..          failed    ok    (diff timezone to expected)
horology ..          failed    ok    (diff timezone to expected)
inet ..          failed    failed
comments ..          ok
opr_sanity ..          failed    ok     (added soundex module before test)
create_function_1 ..      ok
create_type ..      ok
create_table ..      ok
create_function_2 ..      ok
constraints ..      ok
triggers ..          ok
copy ..          ok
create_misc ..      ok
create_aggregate ..      ok
create_operator ..      ok
create_view ..      ok
create_index ..      ok
sanity_check ..      ok
errors ..          ok
select ..          ok
select_into ..      ok
select_distinct ..      ok
select_distinct_on ..      ok
select_implicit ..      ok
select_having ..      ok
subselect ..          ok
union ..          ok
aggregates ..          ok
transactions ..      ok
random ..          failed    ok     (this always fails)
portals ..          ok
misc ..          ok
arrays ..          ok
btree_index ..      ok
hash_index ..          ok
select_views ..      ok
alter_table ..          ok
portals_p2 ..          ok
rules ..          ok
install_plpgsql ..      failed    ok    (added plpgsql module before test)
plpgsql ..          ok

The only problem I have with 6.4.2 is getting kerberos 4 authentification
working and getting the perl DBI module to link with the kerberized libpq.so.

Anyway I hope this helps

  +-----------------+------------------------------------------+
  |    _   ^   _    | Dr. Rodney McDuff                        |
  |   |\  /|\  /|   | Network Development, ITS                 |
  |     \  |  /     | The University of Queensland             |
  |      \ | /      | St. Lucia, Brisbane                      |
  |       \|/       | Queensland, Australia. 4072.             |
  |<-------+------->| TELEPHONE: +61 7 3365 8220               |
  |       /|\       | FACSIMILE: +61 7 3365 4477               |
  |      / | \      | EMAIL: mcduff@its.uq.edu.au              |
  |   |/  \|/  \|   |        Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam       |
  |    -   v   -    |            Ex luce ad tenebras           |

Вложения