Problems with kerberos 4 authenication

От Rodney McDuff
Тема Problems with kerberos 4 authenication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi
    I've compiled postgresql 6.3.2 with kerberos 4 support (using the KTH-KRB
Ebones distribution) on a Alpha running DU4.0D. I create a postgres_dbms
principle in /etc/srvtab (and arranged for the postmaster to be able to read
this file) and  made the appropriate modifications to pg_hba.conf file.
I've then use kinit to get a krbtgt (ticket granting ticket) which shows up
using klist. I then type "psql database" and get a "User authentication
failed" error. Running the postmaster in debug mode shows up

  "pg_krb4_recvauth: kerberos error: Can't decode authenticator (krb_rd_req)"

(which is a kstatus of RD_AP_UNDEC=31). But whats really werid is that I
successfuly get a postgres_dbms ticket from the KDC (which shows up in both
the kerberos logs and under a a klist).

I'm a bit stumped about this so any ideas or comments would be greatly
appreciated.

--

  |    _   ^   _    | Dr. Rodney McDuff                        |