AIX 4.3.2 and 6.4.2

От Janis Pinkis
Тема AIX 4.3.2 and 6.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

I'm new to Postgres, so i apologize if my question is stupid.

I'm trying to install Postgress 6.4.2 on a AIX 4.3.2. I'm using IBM XLC compiler
for AIX 4.3, and because i want to use postgress library in my DCE applications,
i'm trying to compile postgres with thread safe compiler xlc_r. So i'am runing
configure with --with-CC=xlc_r and --without-CXX, because a 4.3 compiler is not
a C++ compiler. Configure works well, only it does not figure out that 4.3 AIX
has a 64 bit integers. So by runing gmake all, i have got some error messages,
but by chanching some of header files (just int8,int32  and int64 definitions),
i have succesfully build a postgress. But when i try to run regression test i'm
getting the following error:

$ gmake all runtest
Making share library regress.so from regress.o, regress.exp, and installed
postgres.imp
ld -H512 -bM:SRE -bI:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/postgres.imp -bE:regress.exp -o
regress.so regress.o -lPW -lcrypt -lld -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcurses
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: fmgr_pl_finfo
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: _iob
gmake: *** [regress.so] Error 8

Can someone help me, with this?

J.Pinkis

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] slow inserts and updates on large tables
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] slow inserts and updates on large tables