Re: ecpg with indicators not working

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: ecpg with indicators not working
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 09:14:10PM -0600, James Thompson wrote:
>     exec sql
>       insert into
>     customer(uid,id,name_first,name_middle,name_last,company,
>
>     address1,address2,city,state,country,zip,phone_work,
>
>     phone_home,phone_fax,email,date_entered,billing_terms,
>                            confirmation_method)
>       values (:uid,:uid:id_n,:name_first:name_first_n,
>               :name_middle:name_middle_n, :name_last:name_last_n,
>               :company:company_n,:address1:address1_n,
>               :address2:address2_n,:city:city_n,:state:state_n,
>               :country:country_n,:zip:zip_n,:phone_work:phone_work_n,
>
>     :phone_home:phone_home_n,:phone_fax:phone_fax_n,:email:email_n,
>               date('now'),:billing_terms:billing_terms_n,
>               :confirmation_method:confirmation_method_n);
>

> Adding the indicators to the above statement causes ecpg(from the 6.4.2
> distro) to seg fault while processing the statement.  I defined each
> indicator as the original var name with _n added to the end.  I tried
> type int and long.  The statement preprocesses fine without the indicator
> vars.

Strange. Please try the attached test file. I defined all your variables as
int and it works with ecpg versions 2.4.4 (PG 6.4.1), 2.4.9 and 2.5.0.

> I dont know the proper method for looking into core files but by trial and
> error I got gdb to produce (is this correct way to do this?)

Yes.

> [jamest@calvin obelib]$ gdb ecpg  core
> GNU gdb 4.17
> #0  0x8054d81 in ECPGdump_a_type ()
> (gdb) bt

Could you please check where in ECPGdump_a_type it dumps core? The function
is a pretty short one.

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!

Вложения