Port Bug Report: Unpredictable backend behavior on Solaris 2.7

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: Unpredictable backend behavior on Solaris 2.7
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : Daryl W. Dunbar
Your email address    : daryl@www.com

Category        : runtime: back-end
Severity        : critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Solaris 2.7

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : gcc 2.8.1

Hardware:
---------
Sparc 20

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake, flex

Problem Description:
--------------------
Occasionally, the backend does one of the following:
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally a
nd possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate you
r database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

or
NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -- See the lock(l) manual page for a possible cause.
ERROR:  WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction

or
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget failed (No space left on device) key=5432815, num=16,
 permission=600
{the drives are nearly empty!}

and lots and lots of
FATAL: pq_putnchar: fputc() failed: errno=32

Test Case:
Are there some tips for compiling under Solaris 2.7??

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Solution:
---------