Re: [HACKERS] equal: don't know whether nodes of type 600 are equal

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] equal: don't know whether nodes of type 600 are equal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> This error is coming from inside the planner (specifically union_planner).
> Obviously there's *something* different about the context in which the
> planner is invoked for EXPLAIN.
>
> It looks to me like the problem is that some rewrite code got placed in
> pg_parse_and_plan() in postgres.c --- there is some UNION-handling stuff
> going on *after* the call to QueryRewrite(), and evidently that stuff
> is not duplicated in the EXPLAIN case.  Probably the right fix is to
> move all that logic inside QueryRewrite() --- but I don't want to touch
> it without confirmation from someone who knows the parser/planner
> better.

I have been meaning to move the UNION stuff into the rewrite system
where it belongs, but haven't had time to do it.  In tcop/postgres.c,
you will see me moving through the union nodes.  That should be done at
the top of the rewrite system.  At the time, the rewrite system was so
confusing to me, I did not attempt it.  I believe that will fix the
problem.  Let me know if you need me to do it.

Pennsylvania19026