Re: [INTERFACES] Using libpq without LD_LIBRARY_PATH

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Using libpq without LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
James Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Matthew Hagerty wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am trying to get a simple C program to compile and run without having to
> > define the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.  First I tried this:
> >

> Depending on your OS you may have an /etc/ld.so.conf file.
> Simply add what you normally put in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH into that file.
> Then do a ldconfig -v as root (-v optional but you can see it working) and
> the libs will be available without the var set.  This is what I do on my
> linux systems and it works well.
>
> On my solaris systems I've stuck with what the set up created before I got
> here. A shell script is called by all users logins.  It defines the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for everyone when they log in.  I have no idea if there is
> a better way as this works so I've never bothered to mess with it.

I belive that on Solaris you can define LD_RUN_PATH to the library paths to
search and they will be embedded into the executalble so that LD_LIBRARY_PATH
will not be needed.  I know this is the case with UnixWare.
--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

Вложения

От: James Thompson
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] connecting: unix socket? Yes. TCPIP port? No. -i? Yes.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] connecting: unix socket? Yes. TCPIP port? No. -i? Yes.