Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems

От Dmitry Samersoff
Тема Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > 3.  src/interfaces/libpq and all dependent sources (like perl5 interface)
> > didn't compile because native cc don't support tag const
> > fixed by
> >    #define const
> >    in apropriate places
>
> Hard to figure they don't support const.

Sorry, it's my mistake, better say - problem around supporting const
(on Solaris it looks to be the same, but I'm not sure)

This is compiler message

cc: Error: fe-connect.c, line 173: In this declaration,
parameter 1 has a different type than specified in an earlierdeclaration of this function.
PQconnectdb(const char *conninfo)
^
cc: Error: fe-connect.c, line 173: In this declaration,
the type of "PQconnectdb" is not compatible with the type of a
previous declaration of "PQconnectdb" at line number 153 in file libpq-fe.h.

Real declaration
 (fe-connect.c:173) :
PGconn * PQconnectdb(const char *conninfo)

(libpq-fe.h:153):extern PGconn *PQconnectdb(const char *conninfo);
--
Dmitry Samersoff    DM\S, dms@wplus.net, AIM: Samersoff    http://devnull.wplus.net