Re: [HACKERS] PL/TCL bug (?)

От Marcus Mascari
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PL/TCL bug (?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Wow!

What are the odds...

I had just created a C function which would allow
the database to determine wether or not a file exists
somewhere on the filesystem (readable by user
postgres, of course) and return 0 if not and
1 if the file exists.  I then used the function in
a VIEW and used a MS Access front-end to make
pretty reports from the view, and I arrived at the
exact same symbol missing from the dynamic linker,
since I used stat() to test for the existence of the
file.  I wound up using fopen() (a poor alternative)
in the custom function, because the backend didn't
have any linker problems with it.  I spent hours
working under the assumption that I was using the
wrong compiler flags with gcc and ld, and finally
gave up trying to use stat().  Note that this could
still be the case...

I have the EXACT same configuration as you:

Intel
Linux RedHat 5.2
Kernel 2.0.36
PostgreSQL 6.4

Interesting....

---Daniele Orlandi <daniele@orlandi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having serious problems with postgresql and TCL as a procedural
language.

> I did a clean compilantion and install --with-tcl.
> I did an initdb, created the language and a demo function found on
the site.

> This is the result:
>
> a=> create function pltcl_call_handler() returns opaque
> a->         as '/usr/postgres/lib/pltcl.so'
> a->         language 'C';
> CREATE
> a=>
> a=> create trusted procedural language 'pltcl'
> a->         handler pltcl_call_handler
> a->         lancompiler 'PL/Tcl';
> CREATE
> a=> CREATE FUNCTION tcl_max (int4, int4) RETURNS int4 AS '
> a'>         if {$1 > $2} {return $1}
> a'>         return $2
> a'>     ' LANGUAGE 'pltcl';
> CREATE
> a=> select tcl_max(3,7);
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/postgres/lib/pltcl.so failed:
/usr/lib/libtcl8.0.so: