Port Bug Report: postmaster hangs after 'portscan' from a mac

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: postmaster hangs after 'portscan' from a mac
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : Georg Ritter
Your email address    : georg.ritter@uibk.ac.at

Category        : runtime: back-end
Severity        : non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : linux

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : gcc

Hardware:
---------
Redhat 5.2, PII-400, 128MB, 20GB

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
the postmaster service hangs after I do a portscan (from a
mac with AGNETtools).
AGNET tools says 'unkown service on port 5000' (which is my
postmaster port).
I understand that you perhapse "should not" scan the postmaster
port.  But it seems that I could also "crash" someone's
postmaster (what certainly would not be nice).

Test Case:
use AGNetTool's portscan util (http://www.aggroup.com)
enter the IP of the postmaster running server
et voila.

Solution:
---------
Perhapse there exists a protokoll for "portscans", bescause
the other services on the server like telnet aso. where liste very
exaktly (version numbers...) and one only need to add a
right reaction to the portscan query.