General Bug Report: Postmaster hangs under load

От Unprivileged user
Тема General Bug Report: Postmaster hangs under load
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : Dennis Markwith
Your email address    : dmarkwit@dsrnet.com

Category        : runtime: front-end: C++
Severity        : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Solaris SunOS 5.5

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : egcs 1.1

Hardware:
---------

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake 3.74
flex

Problem Description:
--------------------
I run a number of processes which are adding records to a database using the C++ interface.  Then, run a few processes
whichread a couple of records from the database (same table).  After a while (an indeterminate amount of time), all the
processeshang.  I have to kill them all and the postmaster process and restart it all to get it running again.  This is
veryconsistent.  I can supply my sample code.  It happens on Linux with the same exact code.  the only difference is
thatI am using Postgres version 6.3.2 on Linux.  I am in the process of evaluating Postgres to be used for a ver
importantproject.  If this cannot be fixed, I will have to abandon Postgres as a possible candidate.

Test Case:
I can send you the program files I am using; there are a few, but they're vey short.  email me and I will reply
immediately.

Solution:
---------