Adding Xshare to our web site

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Adding Xshare to our web site
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[I am CC'ing Xshare on this.]

I am very impressed with Xshare at http://www.xshare.com.  They have a
nice timely list of open source Unix software, with nice descriptions
and links to home pages.

I have worked with them on a number of issues, and they have been
helpful.  Of course, they list PostgreSQL.  Recently, I mentioned we
have released 6.4.2(they were listing 6.4.1), and mentioned they could
subscribe to the 'announce' list to receive news on updates.  They have
subscribed, so will always have the most recent version listed.  Their
current listing for us is:
Login     Add Software    Account PostgreSQL 6.4.2                             Plexus
18/01/1999PostgreSQLis a robust, next-generation,Object-Relational DBMS (ORDBMS), derived fromthe Berkeley Postgres
databasemanagement system.While PostgreSQL retains the powerfulobject-relational data model, rich data types andeasy
extensibilityof Postgres, it replaces the PostQuelquery language with an extended subset of SQL.

After 5 intense months of development, thePostgreSQL Global Development Group is pleased toannounce the release of
v6.4,a much improvedrelease of the popular PostgreSQL ORDBMS. Asalways, there is *alot* of new features, bug fixes
andchangessince the last release...over 200 lines worth inour HISTORY file.                  Author: Homepage:
http://www.postgresql.orgDocumentation:      http://www.postgresql.org/docs/ Licence:     unknown Systems:     FreeBSD,
HP-Unix,Irix, Linux, NetBSD,    OpenBSD, Solaris Download:     http://www.postgresql.org/sites.html
http://www.postgresql.org/sites.html   ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-6.4.2.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/   ftp://ftp.chicks.net/pub/postgresql

This is quite a bit of interesting information.  Perhaps we should add a
link on our homepage that says:  "For information on other open source
software, see Xshare."  It is hard to know all the software available,
and Xshare helps in that.
Pennsylvania19026