General Bug Report: Incorrect subtraction - rounding error - should NOT round!

От Unprivileged user
Тема General Bug Report: Incorrect subtraction - rounding error - should NOT round!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : Jeffrey Springer
Your email address    : jspringr@savemail.com

Category        : runtime: back-end: SQL
Severity        : critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : FreeBSD 2.2.7

  PostgreSQL version : 6.3.2

  Compiler used      : gcc 2.7

Hardware:
---------
AMD K6 with 32M Ram

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake

Problem Description:
--------------------
I put together a banking web-site using Postgres. I put a
check and deducted the amount from the balance column of
the bank_account table. The result was incorrect so I tested
it inside psql instead of my C++ program but got the
same result.

Test Case:
template1=> select 166952.9 - 166384.34 ;
    ?column?
568.559999999998
(1 row)

Solution: