Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> > Has anyone tried lyx and sgml.  It says they support sgml and
> > linuxdoc.
>
> I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for us. We use DocBook, not linuxdoc, as
> does the rest of the world now, including the LDP folks.
>
> They have been talking about extending lyx to work with DocBook...

Good.  Seems like a natural.  I will keep my eyes on it.  lyx really
seems like an amazing word processor.   Like troff, but for X windows,
and more flexible.

Because most of my stuff is only a few pages, troff works just fine, and
has lots of customization, but for a large paper or a book, troff just
doesn't cut it, and I can see how lyx would be very good for that.
Certainly the PostgreSQL docs are too large for a troff-only project,
but I can see lyx handling it nicely.

Pennsylvania19026