Re: Permission denied when inserting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Permission denied when inserting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> writes:
> I understand, yet I don't:) Seems I have a misconception of the the
> FOREIGN KEY process. The error was on the query below, which I am
> taking is the query you refer to above. To me it looks like a look up
> from the referencing(permout) table to the referenced(out2cp) one. The
> part I am not clear on is why that runs with the permissions of the
> referenced table not the referencing table?

Because we force it that way so that you don't have to splatter
permissions all around to support a foreign key check.  Generally
the internal FK check queries will only fail if the owner of a table
revokes his own permissions, which isn't too usual.

Сообщение: Re: Permission denied when inserting
Сообщение: Re: Permission denied when inserting