Re: 0ut of Memory Error during Vacuum Analyze

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 0ut of Memory Error during Vacuum Analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh@firstam.com> writes:
> =# vacuum analyze code;
> ERROR:  out of memory
> DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 1073741820.

That looks a whole lot like a corrupt-data issue.  The apparent
dependency on maintenance_work_mem is probably illusory --- I suspect
some of your trials are selecting the corrupted row to use in the
ANALYZE stats, and others are randomly selecting other rows.

If you are able to pg_dump the table in question then this theory is
wrong, but I'd suggest trying that first.