Re: Ideas of "printing out" the alternative paths

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ideas of "printing out" the alternative paths
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zhan Li <zhanli89@gmail.com> writes:
> Thank you for your reply Tom. Then a) what are exactly stored in the
> pathlist of top level rel? Paths worth considering? b) I have been
> struggling to come up with a way to print the Path struct. If I can print a
> path the way like "A hash join (B nested loop join C)", that would be
> great. You mentioned people have printed "something" about each path, can
> you please give me a hint of what's that and how to achieve that?

I don't think anyone's tried anything much smarter than
src/backend/nodes/outfuncs.c, or there's some more limited stuff at the
bottom of src/backend/optimizer/path/allpaths.c.  Reassembling into
something more human-readable than that would probably take some work.

Сообщение: Re: additional json functionality
Сообщение: Re: additional json functionality