Re: [GENERAL] Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi,
>
> I'm using FreeBSD and PostgreSQL 6.4. I tell my advisor
> to try PostgreSQL, but he said:"Why PostgreSQL is better
> than other commercial softwares? If you could give me
> ten reasons, and I will give it a try."
> Would anyone tell me what's reason you like Postgres.
> Because it's free, powerful and have others, thanks.

I'll take a crack at it:

    Object-relational
    User-etensible
    Interfaces to many languages
    Nice client tools like psql and pgaccess
    Full source code
    Quick mailing list support
    Learn internals of database engine
    Frequent upgrades
    Support for many platforms
    Free

От: Clark Evans
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?