Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 6. I'm not happy with current deadlock detection code!
>    It seems that backend does DeadLockCheck each time
>    when timer expired - shouldn't this be done _once_,
>    before backend is going to sleep ?!

Not sure.  Now that I think of it, it makes sense that if I go to sleep,
a deadlock is not sudenly going to appear while I am asleep.  If a new
process causes a deadlock, the new process that causes it will see it.

I did not check when I went to sleep because I thought it may be too
cpu-intensive to do checking on every sleep, but now that I remember it,
it may be very trivial in cpu time to do the check on every sleep.

I recommend changing it to do it just before every sleep.  Let me know
if you want me to make the change.

Pennsylvania19026