Sorry to nag, but... [Failures with arrays]

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Sorry to nag, but... [Failures with arrays]
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Sorry to nag, but... [Failures with arrays]  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Is anyone interested in this problem?  (At least add it to the TODO list!)

This was reported as a bug with the Debian package of 6.3.2; the same
behaviour is still present in 6.4.

bray=> create table foo ( t text[]);
CREATE
bray=> insert into foo values ( '{"a"}');
INSERT 201354 1
bray=> insert into foo values ( '{"a","b"}');
INSERT 201355 1
bray=>  insert into foo values ( '{"a","b","c"}');
INSERT 201356 1
bray=>  select * from foo;
-------------
{"a"}
{"a","b"}
{"a","b","c"}
(3 rows)

bray=> select t[1] from foo;
ERROR:  type name lookup of t failed
bray=> select * from foo;
-------------
{"a"}
{"a","b"}
{"a","b","c"}
(3 rows)

bray=> select foo.t[1] from foo;
-
(3 rows)

bray=> select count(foo.t[1]) from foo;

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizingthem     in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the      Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all
things      whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
             Matthew 28:19,20