View-Problem

От Konstantin Agouros
Тема View-Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am not quite sure if this belongs into this mailinglist or the -sql list but
since the problem looks more postgres then sql I'll try here.
I have a table that looks like this
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| datum                            | date                             |     4 |
| ware                             | varchar()                        |    80 |
| preis                            | float4                           |     4 |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+

Now I tried to create a view for january with the sum of preis grouped by ware
like this:
create view januar as select ware,sum(preis) from ausgaben where datum >= '1-1-1998' and datum < '1-2-1998' group by
ware;

Note that I have the PGDATESTYLE-Variable set to 'European' in my environment
before I call psql. If I try the select that's used to create the view it works
but if I try to select anything from the view all I see is a:

PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel before responding.
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

And the psql session is unusable. If I start another one everything works, so
the backend is not dying.
I am using PG 6.3.2 on Linux 2.0.35 and I don't have any PG-Patches installed
anyone has an idea?

Konstantin
--
Dipl. Inf. Konstantin Agouros -     elwood@genua.de
GeNUA mbh, Raeterstr. 26,  85551 Kirchheim, Germany