Re: [HACKERS] Last call?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Last call?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>Tatsuo, is your usual stable of machines available for reporting? It
>would be nice to get confirmation with that big-endian/little-endian
>mix.

I have run the regression tests of Oct26 Snapshot on some platforms
and a cross platform testing on MkLinux and FreeBSD.

Here are results.

(1) regression tests on some platforms

LinuxPPC on PowerMac:o PowerBook 2400c (PPC 603e) running 2.1.24 kernel
  Note that 2.1.24 kernel doesn't support PCMCIA cards,  so we cannot use the network facility at all. sigh.  (Unix
domainsockets are ok)  On the other hand, 2.1.1xx kernels do support PCMCIA,  unfortunately, these are broken in that
usingthe Unix domain  sockets causes the system crash.  Anyway, these are not PostgreSQL's problem, of course.

o regresion tests are almost good except the datetime test.
    SELECT ('tomorrow'::datetime = ('yesterday'::datetime     + '2 days'::timespan)) as "True"; --> shows 'false'
SELECT('current'::datetime = 'now'::datetime)    as "True"; --> shows 'false'    SELECT count(*) AS one FROM
DATETIME_TBLWHERE     d1 = 'today'::datetime; --> no row selected    They were ok on 6.3.2.

MkLinux on PowerMac:o PowerMac 7600 (PPC 750) running MkLinux DR3o Same failure of the datetime test as LinuxPPC

FreeBSD:o FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASEo datetime testing fails (seems same phenomenon as LinuxPPC)o int8 testing fails (is
thisnormal?)

Seems there's something wrong with datetime. Comment?

(2) cross platform testing

I have run the test with FreeBSD 2.2.7 and Mklinux. Seems they are
happy to talk to each other.

Please let me know If you need addional testings.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp