Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Last call?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Last call?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Thomas G. Lockhart" wrote: >> can you distinguish between linux with libc5 and with glibc? > >Yes, if necessary. I'm
runningglibc at work (with the RH 6.3.2 rpms) >and libc5 at home (with v6.4beta). I don't expect there to be any
>significantdifferences; are you aware of any?

No; there are minor textual differences in the math overflow messages
and, last time I tried, the geometry tests had differences of around
10 ^ -12.
 >... >Or are you just saying that we should mention both explicitly so that >people can know that it would work on
theirmachine for sure?

Precisely.

The difference is such a major one that linux-libc5 and linux-glibc
should be regarded nearly as two different systems.
Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those
things     which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right      hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not
    on things on the earth."              Colossians 3:1,2