Re: [HACKERS] psql's help (the LIMIT stuff)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql's help (the LIMIT stuff)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > >     I hope the QUERY_LIMIT too.
> >
> > I still have that cnfify() possible fix to review for KQSO.  Are you
> > still thinking limit for 6.4 final, or a minor release after that?
>
>     I  posted the part that is the minimum applied to 6.4 to make
>     adding LIMIT later  non-initdb  earlier.  Anyway,  here  it's
>     again.

Already applied.  I assume it is the same as the one I applied.

>     My  LIMIT  implementation  that  does  it like the SET in the
>     toplevel executor (but via parsetree  values)  is  ready  for
>     production.  I  only  held  it back because it's feature, not
>     bugfix.
>
>     Do you want it in 6.4 final?

We are close to final, and can easily put it in 6.4.1, which I am sure
we will need, and if we split CVS trees, you'll have lots of minor
versions to pick from.  :-)

Seems like it would be a nice minor release item, but the problem is
that minor releases aren't tested as much as major ones.  How confident
are you in the code?  What do others thing?

Pennsylvania19026