Re: [SQL] [SQL, regex, words] how to match word boundaries using regex's?

От Tony.Curtis@vcpc.univie.ac.at
Тема Re: [SQL] [SQL, regex, words] how to match word boundaries using regex's?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Re: [SQL] [SQL, regex, words] how to match word boundaries
using regex's? , Gene <selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov> said:

Gene> I guess there are no backslash macros is POSIX
Gene> expressions. No joy. By the way, I am wondering what

No joy, Ren :-(

Gene> determined the choice of the regexp machine for
Gene> postgres? Is it performance-related? Is it possible to
Gene> have the same stuff as in perl?

That would be really nice.  I was just considering how easy
it would be to pull out the current regex backend directory
and put perl-type (or GNU) ones there instead.  Or is that
not the way to do it?

Could I write a new backend with overloaded/new operators to
do this?

Gene> Split the text into words before loading into a
Gene> special index table. Words are numbered sequentially,
Gene> so you can search for "phrases":

I had thought about doing this because the description
string will probably require interpretation at some level.

But I was looking for a straight-forward
inefficiency-be-damned-it's-only-a-demo-for-now solution.

tony

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: